Sunday, May 13, 2007

On my Mind

Well, I have a lot on my mind lately. At least today, I have been thinking a lot about what Al Sharpton said about the Mormons and how we aren't Christians. That thought process segwayed into thoughts about our Government and how they are leading us. I wish sometimes...a lot actually, that people would just be honest. I don't really understand why that is so hard. I guess people aren't honest because they have something to hide. So, my thinking is, don't do anything that you have to hide. As I was thinking about our Government officials, the thought came to mind also of Captain Moroni. The Nephites back then had very corrupt officials. Moroni saw the impending danger of corrupt leaders and the approaching threat of the Lamanite "terrorists." I wish sometimes that that scenario were possible in our day.

I don't mean to be preachy or talk about politics. It is just what is on my mind. I have had a lot of fun these last few weeks. I am finally in school...and what a struggle it is to stay in. Financially, for a student who isn't enrolled, it is very expensive. I love it though. Being in school and learning is an amazing thing. I have been struggling to get into school since I got home from the mission, and I am kinda glad that it has taken me this long. I love having homework and quizzes and being busy with school. I think that if I would have enrolled in school sooner, I wouldn't be this happy about it. There are a lot of good things happening in my life right now too. Things aren't going smoothly, and I kinda like it. Sure it is hard to get through and sometimes very draining, but I am trying to take a more positive attitude towards life and trials. I love that I am learning through experience.

No comments: