Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Well, it has been a whole month. Today is Father's day. I already talked with my Dad today and wished him a happy Father's Day. I kinda wanted to do the same thing for Father's Day that I did for Mother's Day, but just say the things I like most about my Dad. And I am sure that some of these will be the same as for Mother's Day.

My Dad works so hard to make sure that his family is comfortable, but is there for us all at the same time. Not too many Dad's can say that they make enough money to comfortably support their family and still be there for them. My Dad can.

My Dad loves my Mom and we know it. I cannot tell you how many times that he has told us this in family councils and stuff. Aside from that, he has told us and proved to us over and over again that he would much rather be out shopping with Mom than doing anything else.

My Dad loves the Church. I have never known a man so devoted and so willing to sacrifice for what he believes. I know that many of the early members of the church had to sacrifice a great deal, but I never knew them. My Dad is a living example of having an eye single to the glory of God.

My Dad loves his kids. Everything he does, he does first for the betterment of his family. That entails moving a lot, and every time that we moved, it was always to a better standard of living. He is also my mentor and greatest teacher.

I love my Dad. Happy Father's Day.

No comments: