Wednesday, December 19, 2007

...happy 80th Pop...

hey ya'll. i said i was going to post pics from my grandpa's 80th and our thanksgiving in Cali. so here they are. they aren't really in any particular order. i wasn't the one taking the pics or there might be a lot more them and better ones maybe...not saying that i am good, but i am way better at taking pics than anyone in my immediate family. and i am way more humble than them about it too. ;) just kidding. happy 80th Pop. love ya.


this is my mom and our second cousin. her neice had a second baby.
this is three generations. sleeveless is my aunt anna, behind is my cousin heather, and then there is her daughter.
left to right is grandma, aunt natalie, matthew, patrick, kyle, and rayo. in the back in dad.
this is the actual 80th celebration for grandpa and his kids and grandkids. extended fam was the day after(which we missed because of a two day trip to texas).
this is a close up of the man.
this is probably the best pic of the whole trip. that is nick asleep on the couch. my mom got that one. i could not have done better myself.
we thought that we were going to give kati's dog away, so we took her with us. we ended up keeping her, which a lot of us are happy about, because she is such a sweet dog. she loved it at my grandparents house. the backyard and garden have been having squirrel problems. squirrels aren't problems for roxy, they are playthings, so my grandparents fell in love with her too because she chased away the squirrels. she could see them through the glass and just watch until she could be let out. it was so funny.
this is an interesting head shot of my cousing greg. i have no idea who took this one.
left to right, ali, kati, amy, and jessie.
every year for christmas, my grandpa hangs these ornaments from his ceiling by fishing line that runs to the door. it is taped to the door so that when it opens or closes, they come up and down. that is a fond memory from my childhood. i put them up this year. i am the tallest person on that side of the family. lucky me.


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

looks like lots of fun! i love the holidays!

Melissa said...

Awww cute pictures

Melissa said...

Hey Rachel let me know that a group of people are going to see National Treasure tonight at 630...movie tavern...let me know if you want to come!

Katia said...

You're a poo head! Better than the rest of us! :P That's what I say to that! :P Too bad we can't spend more time with that side of the family. That was fun. Oh and I'm glad you like Roxy now. At least somebody besides me does.